Jose Mourinho is in line for a lucrative payout should he steer Tottenham into the Champions League, claims the Daily Mail. Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho Spurs are currently nine points behind Mourinho’s former employers Chelsea in fourth place.Advertisement Loading… Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedThese Are The Best Stargazing Locations You Can Find On Earth6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True Read Also:Mourinho and Tottenham should sit tight, says Redknapp But if they manage to turn the tables on the Blues and reach the competition, their manager will receive a bonus of £2 million. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Semitara’s apprehension was staged onthe strength of an arrest warrant, the police added. Resident Catherine Semitara was caughtaround 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, police said. ILOILO City – Charged with estafa, a 28-year-oldwoman was nabbed in Barangay Poblacion, Banga, Aklan. The court recommended a P18,000 bail bondfor Semitara’s temporary liberty./PN She was detained in the custodialfacility of the Banga police station.
Shaw advanced from his fifth starting position to outlast 10th -starting Austin Bonner in the IMCA Sunoco Stock Car main event. Landon Maddox finished third with Travis Baird fourth and Steve Blunk fifth. By Inside Line Promotions LONGDALE, Okla. (April 8) – Mike Roach and Hesston Shaw were victorious Saturday night at Longdale Speedway, which hosted its first official race since October 2017. Roach powered from fourth to score the Smiley’s Racing Products Southern SportMod checkers. Brandon Kenny ended in the runner-up position with Jarod Baird third, Robert Elliott fourth and Joe Adams fifth. Hesston Shaw started fifth and finished first in the IMCA Sunoco Stock Car feature on opening night at Longdale Speedway. (Photo by Travis Barnard)
RelatedPosts Saraki to Kwara Governor: Call those encroaching my land led by your SA to order FG hails Kwara Governor over social investment programme COVID-19 taught us to be closer to God – ex-NAN Director The Kwara chapter of the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria may direct its members to boycott the 5th National Youth Games holding in Ilorin from Saturday to September 17. This was part of decisions reached by the body after its State Executive Committee meeting on Friday in Ilorin, following certain lapses on the part of the Games’ organisers. In a statement signed by its Secretary, Olayinka Owolewa, Kwara SWAN said the organisers failed consider the activities of the media in their plans. It said: “The Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development had consistently disrespected our members over the years through the non-provision of a Games Media Centre and shuttle buses for journalists, as well as a cumbersome accreditation process.’’ It also noted that if a member of the Association had been part of the games’ Main Organising Committee or Local Organising Committee, these issues would have been addressed. It stated: “Right from the beginning of the staging of the NYG in Ilorin, the Ministry has never provided a Media Centre. “How do you hold an event like this and sports journalists will be hanging under trees to work, with no room to compare notes or shuttle buses to ease movement. We have complained over the years, yet there has been no change. “What we are asking for is a Media Centre, shuttle bus(es) to assist our members to the various venues and a seamless accreditation process for journalists covering the games.’’ Kwara SWAN then warned that if nothing changes between now and early on Sunday, the chapter would officially notify its National Secretariat of its decision. It added that this would be with a view to seeking a wider non-coverage of this year’s NYG by the media, and urged its members to wait for directives.Tags: Kwara StateNYGOlayinka OwolewaSWAN
Stamina-sapping conditions proved the real winner, though, as humidity levels touched 94%, contributing greatly to both sides struggling for sustained passages of error-free rugby. Scrum-half Phillips, the Lions’ most consistent performer, scored two tries, while wing Alex Cuthbert also claimed a double and there were further touchdowns for skipper Paul O’Connell, centre Jonathan Davies, flanker Dan Lydiate and substitute Alun-Wyn Jones. Wales star Mike Phillips inspired the Lions to a comprehensive 59-8 victory over the Barbarians at Hong Kong Stadium as their 10-game tour began in successful fashion. Fly-half Owen Farrell kicked 15 points but he had a mixed bag of a game elsewhere, making some poor decisions, with one handling blunder leading directly to a Barbarians try. His replacement Jonathan Sexton added two conversions. Northampton-bound Samoa international Kahn Fotuali’i touched down for the Barbarians, and there was also a penalty by Wasps centre Elliot Daly, but they were again crushed following a drubbing by England in last Sunday’s encounter at Twickenham. The Lions, who struggled to win their first tour match in South Africa four years ago, head to Australia on Sunday, where far greater challenges await, including three Tests against the Wallabies. They are on the trail of a first Test series triumph since 1997, and by the time things are up and running Down Under, their Hong Kong excursion will be remembered as little more than the equivalent of a pre-season friendly. Phillips apart, there were some impressive individual contributions by Wales back-row forwards Justin Tipuric and Toby Faletau, while Scotland pair Richie Gray and Stuart Hogg had their moments. But with a crowd of just under 29,000 – more than 11,000 short of capacity – struggling to become enthralled by the action, it was a case of job done for the Lions, yet nothing more. Press Association
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will continue to employ caution in his use of midfielder Jack Wilshere. Wenger said: “It made sense to give him a breather because we’re playing every three days at the moment. He is not 100 per cent yet, but he is 90 per cent. “I am a bit cautious because he had a few surgeries. I don’t want to make a mistake on the medical front and overuse him because the ankle is the most important part of a football player. “I would be a bit more cautious (than with another player), until we feel he is completely free from any risk.” Provided Wilshere comes through the Turkish test unscathed, he will also start against Tottenham on Sunday before going on international duty with England, who meet Moldova on Friday, September 6 and Ukraine the following Tuesday. Wenger is aware of Wilshere’s importance to England, whose manager Roy Hodgson announces his squad for the World Cup qualifiers on Tuesday. Smiling, Wenger said: “(The Ukraine fixture is) the key. So don’t play him against Moldova. “It’s World Cup year but first England have to qualify and we now go into a really important period for England. It’s an important year for every single player because they all want to go to the World Cup. “If you have a good season you have a good chance to have a good the World Cup. So let’s first have a good season.” Wilshere, who has overcome a succession of long-standing ankle injuries, dropped to the bench for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League win at Fulham. The midfielder will return to the starting XI for Tuesday night’s Champions League qualifying second leg with Fenerbahce as the Gunners, leading 3-0 from the first match, bid to advance to the group stages. Wenger is bidding to add to his midfield before the September 2 closure of the transfer window. Injuries to Mikel Arteta and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have heightened the need in that department. “We would be a bit more exposed as long as we do not find another player,” Wenger added. “We need a player who is versatile, who can play in different positions in midfield, because at the moment we are a bit short. “It is not just about additions. (It is about) the right additions.” Wenger’s position is under scrutiny from Arsenal fans due to the perceived dithering in the transfer market. Yet the bi-annual recruitment battle has become more of a challenge for Wenger and Arsenal, with the television money in the Premier League increasing the spending power of England’s top clubs. “It is more difficult for two reasons,” he said. “One: I have quality players and, two: the competition for players is absolutely massive in the international market. “When I arrived in England, English clubs did not go on the international market as much as they do now. Before, we were privileged – a bit more lonely out there. Now, everybody knows everybody.” Another feature of the summer transfer window has been bickering between English top-flight managers over signing players, with Arsenal’s pursuit of Liverpool’s Luis Suarez and Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye criticised by their respective managers. Chelsea’s bid for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been played out in public, as has United’s pursuit of Everton duo Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines. “Everybody has a good opinion about what other managers should do, but they do not look at themselves,” Wenger said. “It’s better that you shut up and you don’t say anything.” Press Association
The college admissions scandal involving numerous Hollywood names and business figures now has a Palm Beach County link, as well.Part-time Palm Beach resident, entrepreneur and philanthropist Amin Khoury is the latest to face charges.Federal prosecutors allege that the 54-year-old co-founder of B/E Aerospace spent $200,000 of his fortune to get his daughter into Georgetown University on a tennis scholarship.Interestingly, they also say she lacked the skills needed for the sport.It all started back in December 2014 and culminated five months later, when Georgetown’s tennis coach, Gordon Ernst, informed Khoury’s daughter that her acceptance into the school and tennis program was “likely.””Operation Varsity Blues” update: Amin Khoury of Palm Beach, FL, & Mashpee, MA, has been indicted for using fraud & bribery to get his daughter into Georgetown University. He becomes the 57th person to be charged in connection with this investigation. https://t.co/jEFVqyOo9P— FBI Boston (@FBIBoston) September 2, 2020 Furthermore, prosecutors go on to say that Khoury gave a third-party courier a $20,000 “tip” for his part in the scheme. That courier then reportedly gave Khoury’s wife $170,000 of the cash and kept another $10,000.That didn’t seem to sit well with Ernst, who went after Khoury for the other $20,000.Amin Khoury is also a life trustee of the Board of Directors of the Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts in West Palm Beach.He also formerly served as a trustee of the Scripps Research Institute, which is based locally on the Jupiter campus of Florida Atlantic University.Another wealthy parent was charged in connection with college admissions bribery scandal. Amin Khoury, 54, allegedly paid $200,000 to have a former Georgetown tennis coach designate his daughter as a tennis recruit. https://t.co/qy198BIo4m— Court TV (@CourtTV) September 2, 2020 Khoury and his brother started B/E Aerospace in 1987, before he went on to establish and lead other companies.As of Wednesday, Amin Khoury became the 57th person to become embroiled in the scandal, charged with mail fraud and bribery.It is unknown whether he has an attorney at this time.
THE National Sports Commission (NSC) yesterday announced that the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall, the National Gymnasium, the National Aquatic Centre, National Racquet/Sports Resource Centre and Colgrain Pool – all of which falls under the direct control of the Government of Guyana – will be closed for the next two weeks. Director of Sport Christopher Jones told Chronicle Sport yesterday that the move came in light of the country’s preventative measures that are in place to help combat and limit the spread of the Coronavirus which has hit our shoes.“This is in keeping with guidelinea from the Ministries of the Presidency and Public Health since these facilities are generally under mass usage,” the NSC said in a statement. The Commission is asking those with any queries/concerns to contact their Homestretch Avenue office on 225-6340/225-3560 between the hours of 08:00 hours and noon.Meanwhile, Jones is of the opinion that the privately-administered sports facilities should follow the NSC’s move, adding “I think once we follow these guidelines and listen to the Ministry, we should be able to control the virus. So I think this is the NSC doing our little part in battling the virus and stopping it from spreading here (in Guyana).”
If the ban stands, Connolly won’t feature for the Dubs until a potential All-Ireland semi-final. It seems Dublin footballer Diarmuid Connolly WILL appeal his proposed 12-week ban after all.According to today’s Irish News, the forward has launched an appeal which will be heard by the Central Hearings Committee in the coming days.The CCCC proposed the suspension after he “physically interfered” with a match official during their Leinster quarter-final win over Carlow.
Representatives from over 15 African countries would converge at the University of Ghana for the third International Conference on Physical Activity and Sport for Health and Development in Africa (PASHDA).The conference would be held at the Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER) Conference Facility, at the University, from the 19th -21nd September 2018.The three-day seminar is aimed at promoting physical activity for good health and development.It is an initiative of African Physical Activity Network (AFPAN), for the promotion of physical activity, sports and health in all African nations by the year 2022.It would be under the theme, “Inclusive and innovative physical activity, sport and health education for sustainable development in Africa”.Professor Audrey Gadzekpo, the chairperson for the launch, noted that the IC-PASHDA was an international network that sought to power and transform sports and creation and would provide participants with a healthy and good way of living. Dr Bella Bello Bitugu, Director, UG Sports Directorate and chairman for the Local Organizing Committee for the conference, said, it would be an opportunity for scholars, researchers, practitioners and other stakeholders in Africa and beyond to meet, dialogue and share research findings.He said, the initiatives and lessons through conferences, workshops, exhibitions, symposia and seminars, would make sports a commercialised product.According to Dr Bitugu, the conference is expected to draw several people together, with member nations well-resourced researchers, students, schools and educators as well as stakeholders in the sports and education industry and government officials to discuss the way forward for physical activities and sports for healthy development.Professor Reginald Ocansey, Head of Physical and Sports Studies Department, in an interview with indicated that the conference was going to be more of a sensitization program to educate the public on sports for a good health and the health benefits associated with it.“It’s a conference that would bring together all the necessary wings of physical education, that includes the food, nutrition and health to dialogue and have meaningful discussions and share research ideas for the benefit of physical education, so that, the citizenry would be sensitized. “It is a conference that could be attended by anyone who is interested in health and who wants to be healthy, because there would be a lot of presentations that would be focusing on physical activity, physical in-activities and a whole lot that would benefit people, whose work demand more sitting hours in the office”.The third edition, which is expected to draw over 50 countries to promote a healthy living and dialogue on sporting issues would have Professor Ebenezer Oduro Owusu, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ghana as the chairman.The maiden edition was held in 2014 in Maputo, Mozambique and the second edition in Nairobi, Kenya, 2016.