Tag Archives: 爱上海DI

More violence and more fear: fight between ultras of Athletic and Espanyol

first_imgThere were throws of tables, chairs, glass bottles and even barrels of beer. After the confrontation on the Rambla of Josep Anselm Clavé began, both groups moved to Sant Geroni Street and continued the launch of chairs and tables. After ten minutes, the Mossos d’Esquadra appeared after the call from neighbors and other fans who were in the area and were forced to change the usual route to the stadium. LMossos charged against the Espanyol and Athletic fan groups to try to stop the fight and as reported by Esports Cope there would be about 30 retained fans.The Mossos d’Esquadra have reported the arrest of five people for the incidents between supporters of Espanyol and Athletic. In addition, the regional police identified 36 people. Football stopped being the protagonist for a few minutes in Cornellà-El Prat. While the previous one passed normally in most of the streets around the blue and white feud, an iIntense and violent fight between a group of Espanyol and Athletic fans. It was about 12:30 when these incidents were experienced and caused panic among the fans who just got off the subway at Cornellà Center and who ran into the unfortunate spectacle.last_img read more

Sponsors drop Lochte after Rio scandal,Sponsors drop Lochte after Rio scandal

first_imgsport As part of this decision, Speedo USA will donate a $50,000 portion of Lochte’s fee to Save the Children, a global charity partner of Speedo USA’s parent company, for children in Brazil August 23, 2016 Published on Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte lost four sponsorship deals Monday — a major financial hit for the embattled gold medalist stemming from his spurious claim of being robbed at gunpoint in Rio, a story later discredited by the Brazilian police.Global swimwear brand Speedo and US fashion label Ralph Lauren topped the list of companies that ended their relationships with the 32-year-old Lochte, with the former noting his actions had not reflected the “values” it wished to promote.Mattress company Airweave and Syneron Candela, the parent company for a laser hair removal system that Lochte promoted, quickly followed suit.Lochte claimed he and three of his teammates — all of them gold medal winners in Rio — were mugged by robbers pretending to be police after a night out, but the story quickly unraveled as new witness testimony and surveillance video surfaced.Police said the group had been detained over the vandalisation of a gas station bathroom, apparently led by a drunken Lochte — a major embarrassment for Team USA, an Olympic swimming powerhouse.“Speedo USA today announces the decision to end its sponsorship of Ryan Lochte,” the company said in a statement, noting that the company will donate $50,000 of Lochte’s fees to Save the Children, to go towards helping Brazilian youths.“While we have enjoyed a winning relationship with Ryan for over a decade and he has been an important member of the Speedo team, we cannot condone behaviour that is counter to the values this brand has long stood for,” it said.“We appreciate his many achievements and hope he moves forward and learns from this experience,” Speedo USA said of Lochte, who has won a total of 12 medals in Olympic competition during his career, six of them gold.In a statement to E! News, Lochte said he was “grateful for the opportunities” afforded to him by his ties with Speedo — a 10-year deal that was due to end this year, according to ESPN.Ralph Lauren, which outfitted Team USA for the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies in Rio, said it too was finished with Lochte, noting that their agreement was specific to the Rio Games and his contract would not be renewed.“Ralph Lauren continues to proudly sponsor the US Olympic and Paralympic Team and the values that its athletes embody,” it added in a statement.Airweave said on Twitter it was ending its partnership with Lochte, which was also limited to the Rio Olympics.And Syneron Candela said in a statement to ESPN: “We hold our employees to high standards, and we expect the same of our business partners. We wish Ryan well on his future endeavours and thank him for the time he spent supporting our brand.”— ‘Overexaggerated’ —After issuing a written apology that was widely ridiculed online as half-hearted, Lochte admitted in an interview with NBC aired Saturday that he had “left details out” and “overexaggerated some parts of the story.”He also admitted he was still intoxicated when he gave his initial account of the incident, adding: “I let my team down.”Following the incident, Lochte flew back to the United States, while the other three — Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen — stayed in Brazil.On Thursday, police released closed-circuit TV footage and other evidence about the events at the gas station.The athletes, who appeared intoxicated, stopped in a taxi at the gas station to use the bathroom during the early hours of the morning.Lochte and the others then vandalised the area near the bathroom and, according to the manager, urinated on the walls.Confronted by a security guard, they tried to leave. When the confrontation escalated, the security guard took out his pistol and made them sit on the ground.After paying about $50 in compensation for the damage to the station, they left unharmed and returned to the athletes’ village.“There was no robbery of the kind reported by the athletes,” the head of Rio’s civil police, Fernando Veloso, told a press conference.Lochte’s claims caused the Olympic authorities huge embarrassment, highlighting security worries at a Games where Brazil deployed 85,000 police and soldiers — double the number used in the 2012 London Games.He could yet face disciplinary action over the incident — both USA Swimming and the International Olympic Committee could sanction him. SHARE SHARE SHARE EMAILcenter_img COMMENT Ryan Lochte of USA Photo: Reuters   –  Reuters × Ryan Lochte of USA Photo: Reuters   –  Reuters COMMENTSlast_img read more

Pistons star Blake Griffin to miss start of season

first_imgKlay Thompson’s status unclear as he recovers from knee surgery LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Someone from the Philippines could win a $208 million jackpot this week! View comments Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games PLAY LIST 00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue MOST READ Griffin was mostly healthy last season until the very end, when he was limited in the playoffs. He had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in the offseason.Griffin averaged 35.0 minutes per game last season, his most since 2014-15, and averaged a career-high 24.5 points. Coach Dwane Casey admitted at media day that the Pistons “rode him like a cheap horse” — and suggested that they might manage his minutes a bit more conservatively going forward.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40SPORTSSan Miguel suspends Santos, Nabong, Tubid indefinitely after ‘tussle’ in practiceFirst-round draft pick Sekou Doumbouya (concussion protocol) is not traveling to Indiana either, and Markieff Morris (low back tightness) is questionable. Point guard Reggie Jackson (low back tightness) is probable. Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ This jewelry designer is also an architect FILE – Blake Griffin of the Detroit Pistons poses for a portrait during the Detroit Pistons Media Day at Pistons Practice Facility on September 30, 2019 in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Gregory Shamus/Getty Images/AFPDETROIT — The Detroit Pistons will begin the season without star forward Blake Griffin, whose injury issues have flared up again.The Pistons said Tuesday that Griffin would not travel for Wednesday night’s game at Indiana and would continue a treatment and conditioning regimen for left hamstring and posterior knee soreness. He will be re-evaluated for a return the first week of November.ADVERTISEMENT Becoming his own man Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014?last_img read more