David Moyes on £50m Man United target John Stones: He’s ‘definitely’ ready for the next level

first_imgDavid Moyes has told talkSPORT Everton defender John Stones is ‘definitely’ ready to step up to the next level, amid reports linking the England starlet with a £50million move to Manchester United.Stones has emerged as one of the country’s brightest prospects since former Toffees boss Moyes signed the 21-year-old from Championship side Barnsley in 2013.His excellent form has brought a host of suitors to Everton’s door, although the Merseyside club managed to block a move to Chelsea over the summer after rejecting a transfer request from the player.The Blues failed with a total of fours bids throughout the summer transfer window, and Jose Mourinho is expected to come in for Stones again at the end of the season.But it seems they now have rivals for his signature, with reports on Friday claiming Man United are willing to spend up to £50m to land the Three Lions international.Moyes coached Stones for half a season at Everton before the Scot left to take over at Old Trafford, and the former boss said his quality was evident as soon as he arrived on Merseyside.Speaking exclusively to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Moyes said: “As soon as we took him, you could see John had a natural ability on the ball.“He was nearly uncoached to be comfortable on the ball. It wasn’t something that had been taught, it was all natural.“I‘ve got to say Roberto has done a great job in bringing him on and developing him. He’s looking a really good player.”Moyes was speaking to Alan Brazil and guest co-host Ray Wilkins on Friday’s breakfast show, with former Chelsea coach Wilkins claiming Stones was good enough to walk straight into any of the top sides in Europe.And asked if Stones was ready to step up to the next level, Moyes added: “Definitely.”last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *